Mould, Flood, Fire & Sewage Assessment
The decisions that are made at the beginning, middle and end of a mould, flood, fire or sewage event are fundamental in protecting occupant health and wellbeing, mitigating loss (time, money and reputation) and preventing litigation.
At EHS Assess our occupational hygienists (commonly referred to as indoor environmental professionals or "IEP") have tertiary science qualifications, diverse experience and ongoing training in the restoration industry.
Mould & Flood Assessments
- Undertaking a review of the building history and sequence of events leading up to the issue.
- Engaging with relevant stakeholders to understand the issue.
- Detailed inspection using a range of equipment e.g. boroscopes, infrared cameras etc.
- Moisture measurements/mapping.
- Analytical sampling - air and surface sampling.
- Inspection and assessment of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
- Temperature, relative humidity, dew point, mVOC and particulates (dust).
- Detailed reporting including remediation scope of works.
Following a blocked sewer, overflow of sewage into the building or any event involving Category 2 or 3 contaminated “black” water our assessment follow a similar methodology with the inclusion of:
- Pre and post remediation surface swab sampling for coliforms and E. coli.
- Air monitoring for common sewer gases e.g. methane (CH4) and hydrogen sulphide (H2S).
After a fire and subsequent smoke damage, soot fall out on surfaces, pH imbalances and poor indoor air quality can exist. In addition to this, large amounts of water are often required to extinguish a blaze which if not dealt with can introduce elements of corrosion, rust and mould growth.
In addition to our detailed assessment and inspections the following analytical testing is available;
- Surface pH testing (particularly metallic surfaces after the combustion of PVC.
- Surface wipe sampling for Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs).
- Air monitoring for particulate matter (dust) PM2.5 and a range of gases by-products as required e.g. carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, PAH, formaldehyde, acid gases, phosgene, benzene and dioxins etc.
"Meth Lab" or "Cannabis Grow" House Assessments
In recent times the prevalence of popup “meth labs” and cannabis “grow houses” has increased. Both of these pose serious health, safety and environmental considerations.Our services include:
- Pre and post assessment.
- Development of remediation protocol and scope of works
- Development of site safety plans.
- Analytical testing services for methamphetamines and a range of precursor chemicals e.g. solvents, corrosives etc.
Post Remediation Verification (PRV)
PRV is the critical final phase of any remediation project. A PRV is an inspection and assessment undertaken by an independent IEP which can include visual inspection, odour detection, analytical testing or environmental sampling methodologies to verify that the structure, system or contents have been returned to prevent conditions.
On-going Advisory Services/Expert Witness/Project Management
At EHS Assess we provide on-going advisory services to our clients for the duration of a project. Our advisory services can be a cost effective way of ensuring you are getting the services required to rectify a situation.